July - An Altogether Messy Church

July 2014 Messy Church - Psalm 139  
Take a look at the photos and the video, below, for some of the action from the day.


Click on the image, below, to view the video


July was an ‘Altogether Messy Church’ at the Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) at Forest School based around Psalm 139, with hotdogs after the service. Our activities were based on some selected verses in that Psalm:
  •  Verse 8a -" If I go up to the heavens, you are there...": -   Some interesting facts on planets and stars
  •  Verse 8b - "if I make my bed in the depths, you are there": -   Some interesting facts on sea life. Also, there was an obstacle course collecting fish with words of the bible verse and then putting them in the correct order. 
  • Verse 9 "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea" - A China booth with interesting facts about China and a chopstick game! 
  • Verse 14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"  -  Some interesting facts about baby embryo development. 
  •  Verse 23 "Search me, God, and know my heart test me and know my anxious thoughts"  : involving some messy painting and shaving foam activity 
At the end there was a quiz based on how many of the interesting facts you could remember! All good fun but also a reminder that we are serving an awesome God, who is Omnipresent i.e. present in all places at all times - which is comforting as wherever we go He’ll be there; He created us and knows us

Messy Church returns on Sunday 3rd August. More details soon... :)